Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cancun Numero Uno

Sunday 3am the wake up alarm eM set is ringing in my ears. I want to throw it across the room, but I can't because (A) I can't reach his iPhone and (B) I have a flight to catch woohoo! BUT, the 3.5 hour flight to Cancun was a nightmare! Sleep was impossible when this cute little girl in front of us kept screaming her head off. The.entire.flight. She's bored, I get it. What gets me is the parents made absolutely no attempt at hushing their child nor did they have any toys to keep her entertained! Alas we land and she falls asleep. Go figure.      

Once we step foot outside the airport we are immediately greeted with extreme humidity. We got our little beat up Nissa Sentra and made our first and dumbest mistake of the trip: purchasing liability insurance for an additional $220. I guess eM and I are over-paranoid cautious people.
 
Anywayy, we made our little trek and checked in to our home for the week with this awesome view at the Westin Lagunamar. Jealous? :P
 

We then spent 1.5 hours hunting for the Superama grocery store since it doesn't show up on the GPS grrrrrr. Ninety dollars later we are armed with breakfast and snacks for the week. Oh and by this time, it's been over 10 hours since we last ate, so we also got chicken for dinner which we scarfed down like savages in the car...finger lickin' good! 


Day ONE // off to the archaeological park Xcaret [$79]
I don't know why but I decided to take a picture every time we drove in the car, guess I'm just weird like that.



 

We also paid an additional $44/person for the Sea Trek activity, looked cool but not worth it. I was basically wearing an uncomfortably heavy helmet to see limited marine life in the murky part of the ocean. And that marked our second mistake.


Overall I liked the experience of the park for the basic admission price, but if given another chance I would not have come here and possibly would have gone to their sister park Xel-Ha. Stay tuned for Cancun Numero Dos!

2 comments:

  1. Great post http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/09/plaid-shirt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog btw! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete